4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day






Today was Mother's Day. The kid's have all given me nice gifts they made at school in the past week. Thomas and Allen went and bought me a new table for the patio ( I have been wanting this for awhile). Joseph has been letting me know how much he loves me, by crying every time I walk in to the next room. You gotta love that separation anxiety! Addy and Savannah started running fevers yesterday, and complaining of sore throats and spent the majority of the day in bed. I took them to the Walgreens clinic (which was great by the way) and they are being treated for Strep throat. It seems like it has been weeks and weeks of sickness at our house. I am exhausted, I am worn out, I am not as patient as I should be. I am crabby. I am eating terribly. I am feeling unlucky and I am feeling sad. Yet, as I start to look through pictures that I have taken over the past week, I realize there have been some good moments mixed in with the bad moments. Joseph who just turned one on Thursday (but was sick on his Bday with a fever) has been so fun to watch. He loves playing with balls, he loves hats, he loves to play with Midnight. He is walking almost everywhere now.



This is Addy watching Savannah play in her first softball game. Addy is really growing up. She loves all of her friends, she loves making things, she loves learning new facts. She is becoming a very talented artist. We have enrolled her in an art summer camp that starts in July.



Here is Savannah in her first softball game. Their team is called the Lady Bugs. I was able to go to Savannah's "Author's Tea" on Friday and see all of her writing projects that she has done over the year. She has really come a long way in her reading and writing. I am so proud of her.


Here is Thomas kicking the ball at Soccer practice. His team is called the Dragons. Thomas is such a funny kid. Tonight while lying down next to him at bedtime, I was tickling him. He said to me " Stop playing with me like that Mom, I'm not your Toy." He was so serious it was very funny.
So, as I sit here and look through pictures and think back to funny things the kids have said, or nice things they have done for me this week, I realize that Mother's Day was just what it should be. It was all about being a Mom.
When you are a Mom (or a Dad) you always will have toys to pick up, kids to feed, dishes to wash, diapers to change, laundry to be done etc. Thankfully I have a great husband who helps me every day with these things. Thanks Allen, I know I don't say it enough. I appreciate everything you do. I love you.





No comments: