4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thomas and the Terrible Two's


I love him I really do, and I know he is adjusting to the girls being gone during the week, and life with a baby can be annoying to a boy who used to be the baby of the family, but come on... there have been one to many days this week that my little boy has been in a bit of trouble.
Monday, the doorbell rings at about 3pm, I am upstairs drying my hair, rush down to get the door, its Thomas he says, "bugs momma" apparently he had gone out the front door to catch bugs, and couldn't get back in. So, I learned that it was time to start using the bolt on that door again.

Tuesday morning, found Thomas in the coat closet using a pen and decorating Savannah's flip flops.

Later that day, drying my hair again, realize Thomas is too quiet. Go looking for him... front door is still locked, the door to the garage is slightly open. There he is sitting in the front seat of the van, he had pressed every button he could press, turned the lights on etc. Okay, lesson learned use bolt on door to garage.

Wednesday, getting ready again ( really I don't take long to get ready, I am very low maintenance kind of gal, but apparently this is when Thomas thinks he can get away with things)... its too quiet, "Thomas where are you?" Thomas replies " hiding fwom you in Yoshif's woom" Okay, then another 5 min or so pass by, "Thomas where are you..." in he comes to my room with white lips and legs, and arms, covered in desitin cream. I actually reacted very calmly and explained that we don't play with cream, its not safe blah blah blah. I reacted calmly I think because, I was so thankful that he didn't do what Addy had done at the age of about 18months when she had smeared it through her hair. Wow what a mess that was.




He keeps me on my toes, yes he does, but he makes me laugh and gives me so many hugs and kisses. I love him so much, but this week has been challenging.




2 comments:

J said...

OH my gosh, I am CRACKING up!!!!!

Bulters said...

I can certainly relate to these stories. Reese has been a handful lately as well. Little ornery boys. You love the to death one minute and want to put on the curb with a for sale sign the next.

I haven't been blogging much lately. Work has been overwhelming for me. I hope to post something his weekend.i