4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad


Since January my sisters and I have been planning a surprise party for our parents who both are turning 60. Actually, my Dad is now 60....sorry Dad, but its time to face the facts. Mom, will be turning 60 this month.


We rented a bus to pick up friends and family and then drove to pick my parents up at their house. The group consisted of neighbors from the neighborhood we grew up in, some new neighbors, My Dads siblings who all drove in from St. Louis and My Mom's sister who flew in from California.


Needless to say they were shocked when the bus pulled up to their house, they had no clue what was going on. When they stepped onto the bus, they were thrilled to see so many friends and family. My Mom's sister was not on the bus, so she was yet another surprise later on.


The bus took us to a restaurant where we had dinner served buffet style, and there was live music playing throughout the night. Here is a cute shot of my Mom and my Aunt Pegi, when Mom first saw her at the restaurant. Allen picked her up from the airport and they were waiting for us at the restaurant. They think it has been almost 5 years since they had seen each other last.
Here is My Dad with his two brothers Bill and Jim and sister Bev, her husband Guy is sitting in the front.

Here is a shot of my parents showing that even in their 60's they can still party. There was lots of dancing on the chairs by numerous guests. Luckily no one was hurt. Here I am with my two younger sisters Bri and Melissa. Melissa also flew in from California for the party.



No comments: