4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blessings in my Life

First of all, for those of you who know me well, you know that I am not your touchy feely, huggy, kissy, etc kind of person. But, for those that know me well, you do know that I do value friendship very much. I am one of those people that tries to find the good in every body, I feel that there is something good to be found in each and everyone of us. Lately, I have noticed lots or turmoil surrounding me in family, in friends, in co workers and its starting to get me down, man. There seem to be so many people around me that are having problems in their marriage, friendships, problems with siblings or other family members. So, what is all this rambling about, you ask. Well, I decided to sit back and evaluate my own life and here's what I discovered.

I married my best friend, and we have 4 beautiful children. We live in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood, our kids go to a good school. I feel that we are raising them to be good kids. I am blessed to be able to work part time, so our kids have never had to be in day care, and I can be there for them when they get home from school. Allen works hard at supporting our family, he works hard at being a great Dad and a great husband. I feel lucky that he is so involved with the kids. For the past 3 years I have worked almost every Friday night, and so every Friday night he "camps out" with the kids. They stay up late watching movies, and they all sleep together in one room watching movies, and cuddling. This is something that they all look forward to every week. This summer has been a little harder with an infant in the house, but Allen still manages to find a way to make it work each weekend.

I am blessed that I still keep in touch with friends of mine that I have known since college, high school and even middle school. I am so happy that our kids are growing up knowing each other too. I love that fact that I have friends that I may not see for months, and months and than when we get together, its like we haven't been apart for more than a day.

I am blessed that I work with such great people at the hospital. Every one at work is there for the same reason I am, because they love kids, they love helping people, they love making a difference.

I know so many people who are struggling through personal issues right now, and I think everyone needs to just sit back and evaluate the good in your life and appreciate what you have in life. Stop focusing on the negatives and look at what you can do to find more positives. I have had to do that with myself recently. I recently had to do just the same, and i think my days are much better.

I don't know why I felt compelled to write this today. Could it be that my husband passionately kissed me goodbye this morning... could it be that drooly grins that Joseph has been giving me all morning... could it be that Thomas was so happy when we were playing dinosaurs and little people this morning... Could it be that I have such good friends that they call before they go to the grocery store to see if I need anything... could it be that I have a great sister who helps us with the kids almost every Friday night to make our life easier... could it be that my parents are going to keep the kids for Allen and I in a couple weeks so we can have a night away... could it be that a couple weeks ago a received a card in the mail, for no reason from one of my friends just thanking me for being her friend...Could it be that every time I need to make a schedule change at work, someone steps forward to help out... I think that it COULD Be a combination of all of these things. I am happy today, happy with life and happy to have all the wonderful people in my life that I do.

3 comments:

lh said...

dearest k,

I was with you up until the passionate kiss. YUCK-OLA! We love you, we love your kids, and at least once a shift I try to be more like 'k'. Sometimes it takes a little chaos and friction to make you appreciate what you have and what you can provide for your kids, but it comes back to us, usually at the oddest times (like when your two year old is obsessed with a fuzzy caterpillar that grosses you out!). We do miss you, though. You must visit more often!

Jill said...

You have such a cute family Kelly! They are just adorable!

myhouseof6 said...

i agree with lori, at least once a shift we say "what would kelly do?"
you are always so non judgemental, fair and diplomatic... sort of management material i think ;)