4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Under the Weather

It's another one of those mornings when I am up before 630am and have been up every couple of hours with Joseph. I have been sick since Monday, and have an awful cold with a sore throat. I didn't get into bed until 1130 last night because we took a trip to the Urgent Care.


The girls started getting sick on Tuesday, and yesterday continued to get worse and worse. Since we have been through this many, many times. I knew that all their symptoms were pointing to strep throat (Fever, Headache, sore throat, stomach ache) I ended up taking them into the Urgent Care where I work. Well, they were both positive. So, then we headed to a 24 hour pharmacy and picked up their Rx's, thus the reason I wasn't in bed until 1130.


My goal is to have them back at school tomorrow,for their second day of school. I am sad they are missing their first day, but it's only a 1/2 day anyway. This is not the way I had imagined the school year starting.


Today, we plan to take it easy and let the antibiotics do their work. I have a Rx to fill for myself if my throat doesn't start feeling better, and if Thomas gets sick I have one for him too. It helps having connections. :) Some days, I just wish I could crawl into bed and have someone take care of me. I like my life as a nurse and a Mom, but some days I want to be off duty!

No comments: