4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He's Alive

Addy took this picture with her new camera. Pretty good pic I think. This is usually about all that we see of the hermit crabs. The only time I ever see them come out is at night. They hide often, barely eat and rarely ever move. I spritz them often with water, but they could care less.

The most excitement that we have had from these little guys happened back in early January. Allen and I had a date night and I was getting ready to go out, I was cleaning out the aquarium, and decided that maybe one of these guys wasn't doing so well. In fact I was sure he was dead, he hadn't moved for a couple days. So what did I do? I threw it away. I didn't want a dead hermit crab in the freshly cleaned aquarium. Well, later that night, I get a text from my sister that says "He's Alive!" Apparently, he came back from the dead hours later and was scratching around in the trashcan. He continues to play dead often, but I haven't thrown him away again.

I can't complain about how easy these little guys are, but they certainly are not very exciting. The girls are happy though... they now have their own pets. I think that we will have to think about fish soon though, there just isn't too much excitement from these guys.

No comments: