4 Kids and Us

4 Kids and Us

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another busy week.

Thomas is recovering from surgery well. He is still complaining of pain every once in awhile, but only using Tylenol as needed.
Savannah had her first game last Sunday with her new team, the "Firecrackers" Allen is one of the assistant coaches. Aren't they spiffy uniforms.
Ahh, what a cute Daddy/Daughter picture...

Allen has been pulling the boys in the bike trailer and the girls have been riding along with him this week on their bikes. The other night they rode up to the fountain to play around. I drove up to meet them... since I don't have a bike yet. I thought to bring the camera along and I am so happy I did.




I even got a few pictures of the boys sitting down.

These next two pictures of Joseph are from Wednesday. He tripped up at the school and smashed his head into a wooden bench. It made an awful sound, and instantly bruised and swelled up. I rushed to the nurse's office and got an ice pack on it right away... which I think helped tons, because it started to go down quite a bit. I can not even begin to describe how awful it looked when it initially happened. It swelled out and then kind of dented back in the center a little, I think from where he crashed into the edge. Yikes! I was very panicked, quickly had other people around me check the girls out of class, along with Jocelyn who I was taking home. I put Joseph in the car seat and headed up the street to Jocelyn's. Joseph was already getting very still, and sleepy so I knew I would be taking him in. I left the other kids with Lori, and headed to the hospital. Joseph fell asleep almost immediately and I began to feel sick to my stomach with worry. We got to the urgent care and when I got him out of the car seat he woke up and looked a little dazed for awhile, but than began talking and playing a little. It was at that point I knew everything was going to be okay. The Dr. checked him out, neuro checks were fine, and no reason to have to do a CT scan! (Thank goodnesss) I checked on him frequently last night. He is doing well today. You can tell in the pictures that the bump on his head is quite large, but let me tell you that when he first did it... it was twice that size. I am so happy he is okay.









3 comments:

myhouseof6 said...

kelly, you are such a good mama, i hope you get a chance to sit down once in a while!!

annie said...

These boys and cracking their heads, I swear!!! Good job triaging :) I'j so glad he's okay!! :)

Bulters said...

How scary! I just love your family. Your kids are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. You can see in the pictures how happy they are all the time...even when they are hurt/ill. I enjoy reading your blog so much.

I miss you!